‘Tweets’ from Seminar (14-05-11)
The ideas from our “Twitter” experiment at the seminar were very interesting. Big thanks to Dave Dodgson for the original idea.
Here is a summary of the ideas that were presented! Just as a reminder, the activity was to ‘post’ ideas for favourite warmers to use in the classroom.
- 10 minutes talking about a recent film we all like
- Sing a song
- Play a song
- There is a song (Tecno) called “Technologic” which I use because there are lots of words and it’s good for technical English.
- Show a short video
- Read a short and funny story
- Play a short and quick game
- Introduce real objects (realia) to teach vocabulary for young learners for the main topic of the lesson
- Show pictures and discuss them
- Speaking about what students have done since last class
- Tennis – In two groups, throw a ball around while revising vocabulary from previous lessons
- Playing with words – Revising vocabulary we have already learnt.
- Hangman/Sentence Hangman
- Game: How do you say…?
- Warm Greetings
- Tic-Tac-Toe with newly learned vocabulary
- Past Tense Verb Bingo
- Practising a Tongue Twister
- Showing pictures from a previous topic
- Free Speaking
- Write one word on the board and start a brainstorm exercise
- Discuss latest news
- A guessing game
- Mimicking game
- Present a phrase/quote and discuss the meaning
- Stick PostIt notes on the wall (joke)